Sunday, April 7, 2013

Goodbye and Thank you !!

So this is my last post for this blog. I have to say that it was an experience and I enjoyed the feedback that I got for the posts that I put up. It was fun to dissect an issue and see where the issues lead. I have to say that this was a subject that was personal and it made me think about where it stands in my life. As of today it is a part of me being bisexual but it isn't such a big issue because I guess I'm on the "normal" side of the issue at the moment. At least that's how it seems members of the LGBTQ would see it. Which I think is sad, the fact that its something they have such a disdain for is ludicrous when its against members of their own community.
However its easy to see where their disdain may come from because like I said I am at the moment in a normal relationship. One of my classmates asked me if I would still identify as a bisexual and feel the need to tell people like my child in 20 years if I'm still happily married, yes I would. I've been bi since I was younger and I may be in a committed relationship with a man but I still find women attractive and that will never change.
I'm happy I got to do this blog and share my views with my peers. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. It must be so liberating for you to be able to come out to complete strangers and be proud! I commend you for staying true to who you are, even if that makes people feel uncomfortable around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Trina. I think it is great that you are honest and true to yourself. I enjoyed this class assignment also but truly believe that this class benefited you the most. You did a great job blogging, I hope you are pound of who you are and shame on anyone who may be uncomfortable with who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am proud of your strong and brave voice that you shared with us and now the virtual world through this blog. I am hoping to speak at a conference about student blogging and would love you to come and present this if I can find an opportunity for it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. Thank you so much. I really loved this class and I would be honored to help in anyway I could.

    ReplyDelete